Tuesday, June 30, 2009

NYC Therapy

I am hanging in this evening (for once) and catching back up on my fave reality shows. As I am writing this, I am watching NYC Prep, a show on Bravo about teenagers that live in the city and live like adults. Even though Sebastian is driving me nuts with his "I like to hook up with tons of girls" and "Why not date more than one girl" and he is 16, the show actually had a good point tonight.

PC is shown going to a therapist and he says that everyone in New York has a therapist. I actually like the fact that he says this (whether he is told to say his lines or this is actual "reality") because I think a lot of young kids have a different view of going to a therapist. They might see it as shameful to speak to a therapist because that means that they "have issues" or some other silly idea like that. This is a show that is targeted towards an age group that can highly benefit from speaking to someone like a therapist. Teenagers go through so much in school with other people pressuring them and just having so many changes in their lives, that it is always good to have someone to talk to. Even though I think the show is silly (yeah, I'm still watching it) this is a little bright spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment