Sunday, June 21, 2009

Text Bomb

Obviously a little upset about Jeff Not Gay blowing me off, I decided to head out with my roommate for a fun night. We went to a few different bars (Boss Tweeds and The Annex) to have a couple of drinks. By the end of the night we had downed more than just a couple of drinks and were dancing our asses off as if there was no tomorrow.

Well tomorrow came, and it came with a headache. It also came with a text message from Jeff Not Gay. He had messaged me and said "So I am guessing you were drinking last night from the looks of it." I instantly checked my phone and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that I didn't call him at 3 am. Instead, I text bombed him at 3 am. My text to him said "Why did you give me such a bogus excuse?"

First of all, who uses the word "bogus"? Apparently I do and it sounds just as stupid as it looks. Note to self - Do not use this word again! Thankfully Jeff Not Gay thought it was funny and laughed it off. I also do not recommend the text bomb. A text bomb is a loaded text message filled with something that you couldn't say to the person earlier when they were on the phone and now that you are a little tipsy, you decide to say that something that might not have been the best thing to say in the first place. Not only did it let Jeff Not Gay know that I thought he might have been stretching the truth a little bit, but it let him know that I might be a little crazy. I should have just said to him on the phone that I barely believed him. Then I might not have felt the need to text bomb him when I was drunk.

I learned an important lesson out of all of this. Do not drink and text. It is dangerous.

(Jeff Not Gay says that he wants to hang out sometime this week. We will see if he follows through).

No comments:

Post a Comment