Friday, June 26, 2009

Cinderella in the City

Last night I went out to enjoy a few drinks with some people from work. Since I work with some really fun people, we had a bit of a ridiculous time. We began the evening after a stressful day at the office on 35th street at the roof deck of Hotel Metro. Even though the food was not that great, the drinks were much needed (The food arrives to your outdoor table in to-go containers that are barely filled with the tiny appetizers with a big price). After drinking for an hour or two, we all decided to go our separate ways, however, that didn't happen. As we were walking to the nearest avenue, we heard someone singing quite badly - Karaoke!!!

Not the type of people to pass up a good karaoke session, we piled into the bar. As we were belting out Spice Girl songs and Rich Girl by Hall and Oates the laughing and drinking persisted. I highly doubt that we sounded as great as we thought they did especially since the DJ stopped taking out karaoke requests. This was definitely discussed at lunch today when we pieced together the evening.

Because some of us still were not finished "relaxing" from our long day, we hopped in a cab to go downtown to the Thompson Hotel to celebrate another co worker's birthday. I am now in love with that place! It is sooo cool and very chic. In the cab, I had sat on something hard when I first got in. Guess what it was...A gorgeous black open toed Gucci shoe!!! I desperately looked around the rest of the cab for the other one but was unsuccessful. I was so angry since the shoe fit "like a glove" as I so drunkly yelled after I tried it on. I feel very bad for the girl who lost her shoe. A Cinderella moment for her, not so sure. I hope that she didn't step out of the cab onto the New York sidewalk without a shoe. She would not only have lost a shoe but also picked up hepatitis. I am going to post it on the Lost and Found pages on CraigsList because I would want someone to do that for me if I ever lost a shoe. If I would have found the other shoe I don't think that I would have been so nice...


No comments:

Post a Comment