Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blow-up Boyfriend

Today I was supposed to have my day date with Jeff Not Gay.  We were supposed to have lunch and then go to see a movie.  Today would have been the perfect movie day since it was raining and gross (Mother Nature you are still not on my good side).  However, at 2:00 in the afternoon I still hadn't heard from Jeff.  I decided to text message him around 2:30 when it was apparent that we would not be doing lunch.  I didn't want to wait around for him all day.  He messaged back at about 3:00 saying that he had to go to Long Island but would be back soon.  He asked if we were still on for the movie.  I responded by asking what time he thought that he would be back and that I would still like to go to the movie if it wasn't too late since I had plans to go out later.

I didn't hear from him again until 7:00!  He called and after I decided to answer the phone (I was debating not answering it at all) he fed me some crap about his phone getting wet in the rain and shutting off.  I guess that it is possible but also highly unlikely.  I wish he would have just said that he was busy and rescheduled if he had something else to do.  After the dead phone story, he asked what I was doing tonight, or tomorrow, or next week.  I said that he should just call me when he wants to hang out or is free and that I wasn't sure what my plans were.  I figure that if he is really interested he will call and want to hang out.  However, it is up to me to decide if he is worth my time or not.

Now, you are probably wondering what the title "Blow-up Boyfriend" has to do with this story at all.  When I talked with my gay boyfriend we were saying how we wanted to have boyfriends on a day like today.  We want someone to cuddle with and take us to the movies when it is raining.  However, when it is nice and sunny outside and there are exciting new people to meet everywhere we want to be able to deflate our boyfriends and shove them in our closets.  I am in this place where I really enjoy dating and feel a little too young to be so serious about someone but sometimes the single life can be a bit difficult - especially when fun dates get cancelled.  Blow-up boyfriends will always be around when you want them to be and you can put them away when they get annoying.  They don't talk back and they can't own a cellphone so they will never have issues with them.  Blow-up boyfriends are always up for anything.  The one thing that is wrong with them is that they are a little bit air headed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment