Friday, June 19, 2009

Ballrooms, Beers, Boys, and Boobs

Tonight my roommate and I were supposed to go to this really amazing party on Broad Street, which is downtown close to where we live.  When we got to the party, the line was around the block.  It was an insane amount of people.  I honestly don't think that I have ever seen so many people in the area with the exception of the Ticker-Tape Parade.  We tried to work our way to the front of the line but then became unsuccessful.  They were saying that the place was already filled up (it was a 6 floor large party in the Broad Street Ballroom) and that they weren't letting any other people in.  A little sad, but determined to have a good night, we went to a local bar called Ulysses.  This is more of a low key bar that is good for beers and burgers.  We went in all dressed up instead of going to the fancy party.

I felt a little funny slugging back a beer in my party dress but I had fun.  It seemed as if a bunch of people from the other party had come to this low-key bar.  I was admiring another girl's dress when the guy that was sitting beside me said that he didn't really like it.  When I asked why, he said that it just kind of hung there, didn't show her shape and wasn't really flattering.  For clarification, I asked if he would like it if it were tighter and her boobs were hanging out.  He responded that he wouldn't have really noticed the dress if her boobs were there.  No guy looks at clothing if there are boobs.  I appreciated his honest answer and as I glanced around the room, I saw a few guys not really noticing women's outfits.

How insane is it that we spend so much time getting ready to go out and look cute and pretty, but a girl who spends just 1 minute making sure she has her push-up bra on looks the best to the guys out there.  One of the guys in the bar wasn't even talking to his date's face, he was talking directly into her chest.  That may have been because he was about 5"6 and she was almost 5"10 but that is a whole other issue.  Needless to say, I am going to stick to my approach of taking my time to get ready for me.  I am going to keep the girls away though.  I enjoy being a little more mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment