Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vogue!

After work tonight, I went to the Standard Hotel. The restaurant just opened about a week ago and the place was packed. I was having the best time chatting with my friends at the bar and then we sat down to dinner. Dinner was actually less than appetizing. I am sorry to say this as I was very excited to see what the menu would be like. Even as I bit into my Foie Gras and lambchops I wondered what they had intended it to taste like.

As I walked to the restroom, I glanced at the floor. The floor was unexpectedly made of pennies. The place literally breathed money! It was a great technique and quite inventive. Another amazing discovery that happened was when I looked up as I got lost trying to find the ladies restroom. When I glanced ahead at the table in front of me, I spotted Anna Wintour, Editor in Chief of Vogue and my idol! I could barely believe my eyes! She was perfect, every hair in place, her shift dress perfect for the occasion. I couldn't help but grin like a kid in a candy store as I headed down the stairs to the restroom. I love this city!

After dinner, we stopped in at Morandi and then made our way to Apotheke. Both places were fun and exciting, however, I decided to be mature for once and head home to get a better night's rest for the next work day. Even if I don't get any sleep, this night was totally fun and absolutely unforgettable!

No comments:

Post a Comment