Monday, June 22, 2009

Boys to Men-ish

Tonight I went to catch up with a friend at Balthazar which was so nice since we hadn't seen each other in such a long time. After a drink we headed to our favorite place, Morandi in the West Village. This is honestly the best Italian EVER! Since I was a little sad about my uneventful no-date weekend I decided to just go out and have fun with my friend. However, I had interesting experiences along the way...of course!

When we were sitting at the bar at Balthazar, we were listening to 2 guys talking as if they were teenagers. "Oh look at that girl, she's got the best boobs ever." "That girl is hott. Hotter than my wife." "I want her and her phone number." And so went their awful conversation about every female that walked in their path. It was hard to ignore as they were practically yelling their awful sentences in my ear because I was sitting next to them. It is always a nice reality check to know that teenage boys never really do grow up.

I got another awful reality check at Morandi. My friend, being the fabulous girl that she is, knows quite a few people that are a little bit "important" in this city (I use that term loosely). She recognized her friend "Mr. Jerk Face" from a dinner that she had attended a month ago. Mr. Jerk Face is a big shot at a large financial company on Wall Street. Mr. Jerk Face proceeded to hit on my friend and flirt with her all throughout my dinner. Mr. Jerk Face got his name because he is married to Mrs. No Clue and has 3 young children. Again, most men don't really grow up that much.

Even a 1 year old boy showed that he was well on his way to manhood this evening. As I was sitting on the subway going home, this kid was sitting on his mother's lap and smiling at me. All of a sudden, he grabbed my boob and clenched his little hand. Even at a year old, they are only looking for one thing.

The only real "romantic gesture" (another phrase that I am using loosely) that I got this evening was more disgusting than anything. The smelly homeless lady on the subway sang her version of some love song that sounded more like nails on a chalkboard. At least she tried to make herself sound good but no one could stop themselves from cringing when they saw that her ass was hanging out of her dirty jeans. So wonderful for me when she winked at me. I felt more like throwing up than giving her money for her singing.

I still love this city, even why I am not sure why sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment