Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Best Brunch Ever

On Sundays, my Gay Boyfriend and I head to Arte Pasta in the West Village for their fabulous brunch and unlimited mimosas.  On top of the unlimited mimosas, we go for the fun waiters, the "Mile of Meat", and the amazing french fries.  Today was an especially good day because the manger gave us our unlimited mimosas on the house!  What is better than unlimited mimosas? FREE unlimited mimosas!  Also, the "Mile of Meat" was in full swing today.  This phrase is one that my Gay Boyfriend and I use to describe the many men that walk by the outdoor brunch tables showing off all of their hard work and time that they have put in at the gym over the winter.  After we had our fill of brunch and mimosas, we decided that it was definitely too nice outside to just go home...so we went to the Gansevoort Hotel, one of our favorite places in the city.

Most of the time their rooftop bar, called The Plunge, is busy and filled with a lot of interesting and fun people.  Since it is actually a hotel, it isn't often that we meet people that live in the city.  When we walked into the bar this afternoon, it was a madhouse!  Picture girls dancing on tables and chairs in their bikinis (there is a pool), bottles of champagne with sparklers in them, a saxophone player that is playing to the blaring club music, and a bunch of gorgeous men!  My Gay Boyfriend and I looked like 2 little kids on Christmas morning smiling from ear to ear.  This must be where all of the men from the "Mile of Meat" were walking to this afternoon.  The group of guys that we had rode the elevator with instantly bought us a drink and then led us to the pool.  Only people that have a room key can get into the pool area, and they had about 7-10 cards since they had bought a few rooms (yes, we still had the Christmas morning faces). 

The pool area is a little more fun because you can sit around and relax and actually feel a little bit of a breeze from outside which we definitely needed on this 80 degree day.  The boys that we sat with at the pool were almost all related or had been friends since they were little and in true Italian style, half of them were named Joey.  It made remembering names easy!  We all had an amazing fun time out by the pool and thankfully, no one got thrown into it with their clothes on this time.  (This is a little side story about my Gay Boyfriend - He had once gotten thrown into this pool in the dead of winter with all of his clothes on.  We obviously got kicked out that night but it is one of my funniest memories of him).  I have to give props to all of the Joey's today.  It takes a lot of great men to be able to hang out and dance along with my Gay Boyfriend for over 4 hours.  They were amazing, hospitable, and true gentlemen.

At around 9pm (brunch started around 1 in the afternoon) the Joey that I had liked treated my Gay Boyfriend and I to dinner at Pastis.  What a nice guy to treat a girl and her boyfriend to dinner!  My Gay Boyfriend says that I should definitely date him because: he has gorgeous eyes, he is super nice, he has a great smile, he obviously likes me, and he was cool enough to pick out men for my Gay Boyfriend too.  I think this one sounds like a keeper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment