Thursday, May 28, 2009

So he called...

Finally, the boy that I have been obsessing over sent me a text message.  He suggested that we get together tonight after work.  I was all excited to meet him until...

I noticed that my forehead was peeling from too much sun during my beach weekend!  I couldn't possibly go out looking like a snake shed its skin above my eyebrows.  I scrubbed, I exfoliated, I covered with makeup, and I scrubbed again.  My efforts were not rewarded with beautiful, radiant skin but only a raw, reddened area that used to be my forehead.  Trying to cover up the mess that I had made, I moved my bangs across the damage like a blanket, hoping that they would cover the redness.  Nope, they just swung in my eyes and back to the other side uncovering my awful doom.  I ended up telling him that I had to finish packing for my trip this weekend and that my laundry was taking longer than expected.  This was not a lie as I really was packing and doing laundry although I could have sped the process up a little bit in order to meet him out.

Do not worry my friends - We are going out on Monday!  Hopefully my forehead will be in better shape by then!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I have to put my 2 cents in on this one. I have been quiet too long!! If you like this guy - A LOT, so much that you freaked when he didn't text you, why would it matter that your forehead looked like a stop light? If he likes you as much as you hope he wouldn't care. Laundry and packing over dinner and drinks- hmmmmm I know my choice and I will let you know I BARELY do Laundry!

    ReplyDelete