Friday, May 29, 2009

Golfing in the Office?

I was just at my local bank (I will not name names) where I was in line to deposit some money. I was waiting patiently in line, glancing around the bank. As I was looking down a hallway into the banking offices, I suddenly saw a golf ball roll by. Immediately following the little white ball, was a bank worker who carried his putter with pride as he smiled out to the customers in line. I couldn't believe it!

First of all, I only thought that golfing in offices happened in the movies. Second of all, why in the world would he be putting during office hours where customers can see? Third of all, I am totally appalled. I guess if he was on his lunch break it would be okay (as long as it wasn't in front of customers). There are so many people that are working so hard to make ends meet in this economy (and any economy) and to show those people that you are not taking your job seriously is absolutely crazy and a little inconsiderate.

My solution is to take that gentleman, put his job on probation, and send him out on the street to hand out his salary through vouchers to new customers that join the bank. This would boost his company's income, reduce his own, and teach him a lesson in respect. Maybe then he would consider working a little bit harder at his job and appreciating it a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment