Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beach Boy

Last week I received a friend request on Facebook from a name that I thought I had recognized.  When I finally clicked on the picture, I realized that it was this guy that I had met at the beach when I was 15 years old!  Talk about a blast from the past!  

His picture was cute and I had remembered him from a really long time ago.  He said that he was going to be in the city in a week or so.  Last night, I met up with him at a bar uptown called The Snug.  It was a little bit random to be meeting someone with whom you hadn't talked to in just under a decade, but the conversation picked up quickly.  We chatted about how my friend and I had picked up him and his brother at the ripe old age of 15 (we were players even back then).  We talked about what each other was doing currently and everything that had happened in between.

Even though it didn't seem to be one of those matches made in movie heaven (come on, you thought I was going to love the guy I met forever ago) it was nice to catch up.  It was like reliving a little bit of history and then catching right back up to the future - a nice short story.  I am kind of glad that I didn't fall in love with him.  What would all of this hard work and heartbreak have been for?  Nothing???  I want something out of this dating, and it isn't going to be that I realize that I didn't need to go through any of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment