Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Crazy

I do not understand the "Holiday's" in New York.  It seems that whenever there is a national celebration, everyone wants to be out drinking and joining in the party.  What ever happened to just going out on a regular old night?  I actually enjoy regular nights better than holiday nights.

For example, today is Cinco De Mayo.  It is a major margarita swilling night for all of New York and all over the world, whether you know what the holiday is for or not.  My friends from work and I went to 3 different bars before we finally found a seat outside in the freezing cold to fit a table of 8 at Blockheads (http://www.blockheads.com).  We sipped frozen margaritas in 50 degree weather.  How fun for me.  

I would rather enjoy a regular rainy, drizzly night inside by a cozy fire or on a comfy couch with a glass of wine other than freezing my tail outside with tequila flavored crushed ice.  Am I the only one that is not impressed by the intense holidays here in the city?  Is this everywhere or am I growing up?  God, I hope not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment