Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rooftop Madness

Last night my girlfriend and I went to a rooftop bar called Rare View on 37th and Lexington Avenue.  This bar is obviously supposed to have a really great view but we didn't get to see it.  We walked onto the roof and were instantaneously greeted by the loudest and most obnoxiously funny guy in the bar.  He had been drinking since about 5:00; it was around 11 when we got there.  He offered to buy everyone shots and that is how our night got off to a good start. 

The Really Really Drunk Guy, as he shall be called, had some really really cute friends.  How lucky for us!  Everyone was really nice and very funny.  Unfortunately Rare View closes at 12 midnight.  I am assuming that there is some reason for that but if it isn't necessary, I suggest they keep it open until about 4 am.  Since the bar was closing we decided to go with our new found friends to a "house" party (there aren't too many houses in Manhattan so it was technically an apartment party but that just doesn't have the same ring to it).  The issue of too many people for a cab came up again, so we hopped in the closest limo.  Seriously!  I know that you guys reading this are going to stop believing me because it is absolutely absurd, but so true.  This time the limo was one of those white wedding limos.  Cabs around here should start driving 14 person passenger vans, they are beginning to lose business to limos like wildfire.

At this point I was really tipsy because of all of the shots on the roof.  As I am writing this I have the biggest headache ever from the Tequila and I might still be a little drunk :)  The party was fun and I was flirting with this guy that had come to the house party from the roof.  He was cute and we were laughing about how crazy Really Really Drunk Guy was being.  He is also a banker so I decided to blame the entire world's financial situation on him, all in good fun though.  We ended up kissing a little and then he got my number.  At this point I did not remember his name and didn't want to ask again so that I wouldn't seem rude.  I honestly am just really bad with names, which I need to work on.  So I am hoping that he calls and I can ask..."who is this?" so that he tells me his name.  If he doesn't call, he will be named Banker.

One major thing that was a huge issue for me last night was the fact that I couldn't remember which guys I talked to or didn't talk to already.  I would end up asking a person the same question I just asked them 10 minutes earlier.  Since I am so bad with names, I identify with what people are wearing.  Last night, almost all of the guys were wearing white striped button down shirts with jeans.  There must have been about 10 guys with the same shirt on, so they all must have thought that I was totally drunk since I couldn't figure out who I had already had a conversation with.  Do me a favor boys - Wear something other than a white striped button down!  It helps us girls focus a little.  I will also do my part and think up new intro questions so that I don't always ask the same one.  Are there any really great intro questions out there?  I mean you have to go through all of the boring stuff first before you can get to the really interesting stuff right?  Maybe I could ask why they chose the shirt they are wearing...

No comments:

Post a Comment