Saturday, May 9, 2009

Prom Night

Late Friday night (after my little dinner with Stock Exchange Boy) my girlfriend and I went out clubbing.  First, we went to One in the Meatpacking District.  We went with our friend who is a promoter who was working that night and he sat us at a table with a bottle.  Normally, it is nice to be at a table because you get a little bit of breathing room to dance and have fun without having a bunch of people running into you, which can get to be exhausting.

Since our friend is a promoter, he had invited about a million girls who swarmed the table as soon as the vodka showed up.  My friend and I were dancing and having a good time before that but then felt like we had been trampled by a bunch of crazy ladies (Not to say that I have never done the same when I saw a whole bottle of free vodka for the taking).  Since we were sharing with a whole bunch of other people, and our promoter friend was being a little stingy with the alcohol, we decided to chat up the 4 cute guys at the table next to us....lets just call them all Jersey Boys (and yes, they had spiked hair)!

The Jersey Boys were dancing and laughing with us and pouring our drinks whenever we were empty.  After awhile it started to get really crowded and they suggested that we go to a different club.  They wanted to go to Greenhouse (the place that hosted the Fashion show that I was at earlier in the week!).  We were all up for going to a new location so we made our way out of One.

When we got outside, there was the usual confusion of where is a cab and how are we going to get 6 people into one cab or who is going to split up.  Instead of figuring that out, the Jersey Boys decided to flag down the nearest Limo down the street.  So my girlfriend and I and the 4 Jersey boys hopped in the Limo and headed to Greenhouse.  We all felt like it was Prom night! When we arrived at the second club for the night, I felt like a celebrity.  We all got out of the Limo and went right into the club, skipping the line of people waiting outside.  I felt a little bit bad but I have been in that line before, so it was nice to be able to be on the other end for a change.

We danced until dawn at Greenhouse to a great DJ.  I love this crazy city!

No comments:

Post a Comment