Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Night Of Newness

Last night a friend and I went out to enjoy the small break in the rain. The break was all for a few hours but it was nice to not have to carry my umbrella for a couple of hours. Our first stop was The Waverly Inn. I had never been there before so it was nice to go somewhere new - new to me anyway. We had a few glasses of wine before we went to dinner at a restaurant around the corner.

The restaurant is on 37 Hudson Street but it is so new that I forget the name. It used to be the old Frederick's which just closed down. This new restaurant is only 3 days old. Warning, it isn't always a good idea to go to such a new restaurant. It is better to wait at least a week or two to get the kinks worked out. It wasn't horrible, however, it wasn't smooth running. The food was tasty but nothing like my other favorite Italian place - Morandi.

Another bit of newness happened when we went to The Standard Hotel. We weren't even inside for 3 minutes when a guy, a bit older, came up to us and bought us a drink, barely introducing himself. I thought this was nice of him so we started to make small talk. At around the 5 minute mark, the guy stops mid-sentence, turns to me, and asks "Do you just wanna get out of here?" I immediately responded "No!" and gave him a confused face. I didn't even know his name yet. With my abrupt answer, he turned around and went to talk to another set of girls. How awkward and strange! Beware of men who buy you drinks....they might only want one thing. At least I didn't waste a lot of time talking to him because I felt I had to since he bought me a drink!

1 comment:

  1. I think I discussed this with you a month ago...

    ReplyDelete