Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blessings and Blowing Noses

I know that you should always appreciate what you have been given. I try to do this all of the time. However, when you lose something, it often helps you to really be grateful for what you had.

I recently got a cold, an awful cold that is making my mother think that I have Swine Flu. While I do not have the H1N1 virus, I have a bad cough, sore throat, and a lingering headache. This cold really makes me appreciate being healthy. Instead of going outside and enjoying the mild weather we have been having, I have been stuck inside swilling tea and sleeping. Another thing that I really appreciate are the people that I work for. They only want to see me get better and are making sure that I leave work early and actually get better. Not everyone has such great bosses and coworkers that are actually worried about their well being.

While I recuperate, I will be sure to count my blessings, even if those blessings come as a hot cup of tea, NyQuil, and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment