Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's Not What They Say, It's What They Do.

Tonight I was out with my girlfriends and we went to this great happy hour place called Public House. When I walked in, I could barely look for our other friend that was meeting up because the place was filled with beautiful men and firemen! Who can resist firemen? They were also all watching the Yankee's game. There was so much testosterone in that one bar all of the women there could barely breathe.

One guy was chatting us up, and for some reason he dropped to his knees on the dirty, sticky bar floor. Another guy beside us, one of the firemen, took off his boss' hat and placed it on my friend's head - apparently cause for reprimanding a fellow officer. We saw nothing wrong with it but his chief did not like that a girl had on the sergeant's hat.

I am repeating the phrase "It's not what they say, it's what they do" because we were testing that this evening. My friend had a guy that just moved away, however, he spent his last evening with her in the city. That means more than just saying a general goodbye.

Meat Head decided to take me out to dinner last night. Even though he was telling me the story after the fact, this actually happened. He was explaining to me how him and his friends were joking around and he mentioned something that I had said to make him laugh. Even though he was telling his friends what I had said, it was his physical action of talking about me that made me realize that he felt something more. The action of a guy telling their friends about a girl means a lot more than the guy just saying that he is going to hang out with his friends.

Always look for the action from the person that you are seeing. If they say they will call and talk to you and they don't, please don't expect much more from then. The guy could possibly be playing the 2-3 day rule and not following up, however, if it gets past 4 days, don't think that he will call tomorrow. If a guy really wants to be with you, he will make it work - even if he is moving half way across the country. Only time and his actions will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment