Sunday, October 11, 2009

An NYC Visitor

This weekend, my sister visited me in the city. It is always fun to have visitors because you get to do very New York things. First, which should come to no surprise, we went shopping. Even though the tax rate in NY is more than in PA, you can always find better things in NY. It is pretty much a given that all of the really amazing stuff comes to New York first and then goes elsewhere later. With that said, she bought out the city.

As we were walking back to my apartment, she commented that there was a lady carrying a French Baguette. I said "Ohh was it cute? I didn't see it. Do you mean like a little purse?" No, a French Baguette is literally a loaf of bread - not a tiny purse. I'm not sorry. That is just the way my mind works.

Saturday night we went to Morandi for dinner. There was a guy there who had 4 of the most gorgeous women surrounding him having drinks. I am not sure if he paid them to be there, if they were all friends, or if they just wanted the free drinks but they were fabulous and he was not so fabulous. How do you think something like that works? Leggy, short skirts, bouncy hair, and 2 other bouncy appendages = You can have any guy that you want! I can't imagine that they wanted him but who knows. All I know is that my dinner was amazing and no matter how skinny they were, it didn't deter me from eating all of my Salmon and having the side potatoes as well.

This afternoon, we didn't do the usual Sunday brunch. We went to a party on the roof of the Thompson Hotel in the LES. I am still not clear on what the party was for...something about San Francisco and New York, but I do know that I had a really great time. The views were amazing and a lot of my friends were there which always makes for a good time. The best part about the party were the bartenders. The one bartender looked really familiar to me so I walked up and started a conversation with him (he is also absolutely gorgeous). Turns out, he lives in my building, on my floor, and just down the hallway from me!!! After he got my drink on the house, I sat down amongst my friends feeling very excited. I also noticed the chairs that we were sitting on were covered with a graffiti print that said "Men Are Great". I would have to agree with those chairs wholeheartedly!

No comments:

Post a Comment