Friday, October 23, 2009

Random Things That Make Me Giggle

Tonight, on my walk to the grocery store to pick up the necessities (tissues, ginger ale, and Lysol disinfecting wipes) someone walking in front of me tripped. While I know it isn't nice to laugh at others, it was pretty funny. For some reason, I just find that when people trip it makes me laugh.

In the grocery store, a super macho looking guy was checking me out. He wasn't "checking me out" as in looking how cute I looked because my nose is as red as Rudolph's and I was coughing like there was no tomorrow, but he was the checkout clerk. Sorry no fun dating when I'm sick - it's a rule. So anyway, as he was ringing me up for my purchases this seemingly super macho guy starts singing in a very high pitched voice to Madonna's "Like a Virgin." I looked up at him, wishing he was just doing it as a joke, and realized that he was actually really into the song, singing it because he liked it. I held in my laugh until I left the store.

Because I laugh at inappropriate times at people who do not deserve to be laughed at, God makes me do things to laugh at myself. The entire walk home I was sneezing. One sneeze after the other after the other. I felt like a mess. The couple walking in front of me turned around a few times to make sure that I wasn't genuinely dying, but then they turned back around to laugh at me.

Karma...I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment