Monday, October 12, 2009

Subway Stories

I usually see some of the same people on my commute to and from work on the subway. There are a few fun characters that I always wonder about when they are riding on my train or at my subway stop.

The first guy has super long hair that he always ties back in a low ponytail. He wears something close to a Hawaiian shirt in very muted colors and usually wears a straw hat. The most interesting thin about him is that he always has a different book. Every day he has a new title that he is reading. He must either spend a lot of time on the train reading or be a fast reader. I can only imagine that he has to be a super smart guy for all of those books that he has read.

Another guy is a common scene at Penn Station where I get off the train for work. He is always there between the hours of 6 and 7, sometimes earlier and later. He dances. Not only does he dance, but he tries to moonwalk quite unsuccessfully. He is hilarious but he is also glorious. He makes me smile every day that I see him. He truly enjoys his dancing on the platform to whatever music is playing in his headphones. He always has the biggest smile on his face as he is moon walking and skipping around.

One lady that I have seen frequently has her eyebrows drawn on. She has shaved or waxed off her original eyebrows and draws new ones on every day. They are always perfect. I always wonder what it would be like to not have eyebrows. What do you do if you smudge your eyebrow? Can you imagine being a little drunk trying to draw eyebrows on yourself? I feel like I would be the lady who always draws them on crooked on bad days or Mondays when you just aren't thinking straight.

There are always a true set of characters on the trains. These are just a few of the characters I get to see on a usual basis. They never fail to make me smile or make my day just a little more interesting than it would have been otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment