Monday, September 7, 2009

Country Boys

This weekend I visited my hometown and brought one of my friends from the city with me. While the girl I brought with me wasn't born in the city, she is definitely not used to such a small town. A few facts about my town...
- Everyone knows everyone, and their mother, father, siblings, and what they have been doing for the past 20 years,
- Everyone is related to someone somehow.
- It is a super small town!

My friend quickly got the gist of what we do when there is very little to do. We get together and drink. Thankfully, there was a wine festival this weekend (this is a new thing for the tiny town) and it was a blast. After drinking all day at the wine festival, we went out to drink some more.

During the day, she kept seeing boys that she thought were cute. In the evening, after all of the drinking, she saw even more boys that were cute and getting cuter by the minute. Then, she uttered one of the greatest sentences about country boys ever. "I like boys from the country because if they can throw a stack of wood over their shoulders, they can throw me over their shoulders too!" So true my friend, so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment