Sunday, September 13, 2009

Batman Returns

Last night I got a call from a number that I didn't have saved in my phone. It was around midnight so I answered it, knowing that my ex-boyfriend and his friends normally call around 4 am. I hear a bunch of loud car noises and sleepily say hello.

"Hey Girl! What's up??"

Me - "Who is this?"

"It's Batman baby. Did you miss me??"

Instantly I remember him and his amazing car that I am obviously hearing in the background. I haven't talked to Batman in over 2 months. Why was he calling me now? He later explained that he was at the bar I took him to on one of our dates and he was thinking about me. He had been in Greece and Asia for the past couple of months and wanted to hang out. Instantly I wondered if they had phones where he had been since I haven't heard from him in so long.

I decided not to ask him why he hadn't called, showed the bat sign, or at least sent a quick text message and continued to chat with him for a little longer. I declined his invitation to meet him out since I already made it to bed but I also did it out of spite too. He can't imagine that after 2 months of not talking I would just break my plans (of getting to bed early) and go to meet him. He will have to try a little harder than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment