Sunday, August 23, 2009

Guidos And Their Big Guns

This weekend, I went to a girls college reunion. My closest girlfriends from college all got together in Point Pleasant, New Jersey. Yes, I went to New Jersey (as I fondly refer to it: Dirty Jerz). Despite Hurricane Bill ruining our plans to sit on the beach all day and have drinks, we had a fabulous time. We just sat in the tiki bar having those drinks, instead of in the sand.

During our days and nights filled with fun adventures, I noticed quite the trend in the fabulous state of New Jersey - Guys with ridiculously big muscles. Do they spike the Jaeger bombs with steroids? In between our laughing at them and wondering how they really do get to be that disgustingly ripped, my girlfriend made a great point. She said that she really didn't understand how some women don't get that even though these guys have big muscles, that doesn't mean they are amazing people. While the opposite may also be true, she was valid in her thinking.

Why do we always think that because a guy is good looking or has huge "guns" that he will be a great catch. Yes, it is nice to have someone who takes pride in themselves, however, they may also have too much pride. We should look beyond the tanned and oiled biceps and try to see who that person really might be first. Does he use those well defined arms to open doors for old ladies or is he using them to slap a girl's ass that walks by? This was just a little something that I was thinking about as I sipped my Mai Tai's in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment