Monday, August 10, 2009

Backing Up

I have been talking with Mr. Ketchup since the 4th of July. As I have stated before, I do not want to have a serious boyfriend at the moment. However, it is amazing what these not so serious boyfriend types get us to do. This evening, I hate to even admit this, I watched an hour of The History Channel in order to possibly catch a glimpse of Mr. Ketchup during his day job as an actor. Unfortunately he wasn't in this specific episode. Fortunately I wasn't completely bored out of my mind since watching a show about the Greek god Hercules isn't uninteresting (especially because he was wearing a loincloth and really cool gladiator sandals). The things that us ladies do for a pretty face amazes me at times.

Actually, along those lines of not having a serious boyfriend to come home to after work, what do you do when a lot of your friends decide that they might just want that type of person in their lives? It just so happens that I got the most disturbing text from my future gay husband. He has been in Canada for a few days and had gone up there to visit an old friend of his. My future gay husband sent me a text message saying that he was never coming back and he was getting married!

First of all, this could be true and crazy things like this happen to him all of the time. Secondly, what am I going to do if I lose my future gay husband?!?! Yes, I would take great vacations to Canada but I will miss my New York partner in crime. Next, who would I get to replace him? He is irreplaceable and the best back-up man a girl could ask for. He was always my backup since (not anymore) he couldn't technically get married to a man (thankfully now he can if that is his choice) and we could cheat on each other and it wouldn't matter. I don't think I will be able to find a person as liberal as that willing to marry me if I reach over the age of 40 and am not hitched.

Maybe Mr. Ketchup is seeming a little more interesting to me after tonight's discoveries?? Will I be doomed to watch the history channel again next week? Please support Mr. Ketchup by watching his show - The Clash of the Gods on the History Channel. I might have to have him as my new backup man even though he is not gay and I would like my backup guy to be successful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment