Monday, August 31, 2009

Committing to Jewelry

Yesterday, during a much needed brunch at Arte Pasta with my Gay Boyfriend (yes, he is back from Canada and isn't married yet) we were talking about boys and relationships. Were you surprised?

My Gay Boyfriend was talking about how happy and excited he was to have met someone so amazing, however, it is seeming to be a difficult transition. He was saying, just after we both watched a really cute guy walk down the street, that it is hard to really and truly commit to a person. You can really be in love, but if distance is involved in the relationship, it makes it that much trickier.

My Gay Boyfriend - "I just am not sure if I am ready to commit. I mean, I can commit. I have in the past. Things are different now and he is amazing, but it is just going to be difficult."

Me - "Look at your wrist. You have been wearing that bracelet every day for a year and a half. If you can commit to a bracelet for that long, you can commit to a boy!"

Long Pause...

Me - "I, on the other hand, have trouble committing to jewelry, so what does that say about me?"

As we burst into laughter, we see another really gorgeous guy walk by our brunch table. It might be impossible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment