Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baby Daddy And The Lesbian

Saturday afternoon, I met up with Bar Boy at Jane, a cute little brunch spot on Houston Street. I hadn't seen or talked to Bar Boy in such a long time. He randomly called me out of the blue and asked to take me for lunch. Being hungry, I emphatically agreed. It was so nice catching up with him over flavored Champagne and Eggs Benedict that we decided to continue onto Felix.

Felix is known for their amazing Sunday afternoon Brazilian parties that get pretty wild, however, it seemed to be pretty calm on a Saturday afternoon. We both had the Mohitos (amazing!) and chatted for awhile. Bar Boy brought up the fact that he was ready to get serious and have kids. I almost fell off my bar stool! Why was he telling me this information? The last time we talked, I said to him that I was barely ready to commit to a boyfriend, much less think about little children running around. The terror must have read all over my face when he said "Yeah, I guess that look means that you don't want children at all." I couldn't believe I was having such a serious conversation with a person that I just wanted to catch up with.

Thankfully, one of the girls that were sitting next to me at the bar jumped in and introduced herself randomly. Normally, I might be annoyed at this but I was thanking God for her impeccable timing. After a couple of minutes it became apparent that she wasn't just being polite, she was hitting on me. At that point I questioned God's irony. What would I rather do, have a conversation about having children, or be hit on by a lesbian? I chose neither and excused myself to go to the restroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment