Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Fabulous New York Weekend

I had a fabulous weekend with my mother and aunt who came to visit me in the city. On Friday night we did something very New York - went to a Drag-Queen Bar called Lips! Thankfully, even though I dragged them there, we had fun laughing with the performers of the show.

Saturday was filled with even more New York events such as SHOPPING!!! We shopped the entire day and got so much stuff. I don't care what kind of mood I am in, shopping always makes me happy, especially when I get some really amazing shoes :)

The Park is the restaurant that we went to on Saturday night. I love this place for the atmosphere, however, our food wasn't that great. It took such a long time for it to get to the table and then it was cold. I had been there before and everything was perfect so hopefully this was the only time. A dinner with all women is always filled with quite a lot of chatter about everything and this dinner was no different.

We ended up talking about, of all things, dinner times. It was about 10:30 by the time we actually got our dinner and my girlfriend and I weren't that phased by it. However, my mom and aunt were starved and not used to eating so late. We discussed how 9:00 is the perfect time to meet a date for a dinner. That way, if you have a good date and the dinner goes well you can go right into dancing and drinks. If the dinner does not go well you can always begin acting. Start by yawning and pretending to zone out, if you haven't done so already. After a yawn or two say "I'm so sorry but it is really getting late and I have an early morning." It most likely isn't a lie if you are bored out of your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment