Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wedding Band Drama

Tonight my girlfriends and I were discussing married men. Two of my friends had recently been to Las Vegas, also known as Sin City for a reason. They said that they had met a group of guys at the pool and after hanging out with them for the entire day one of the guy friends let it slip that two of them were married. The first thing that popped into my friends' minds was "well, where are the wedding bands?" These guys had deliberately removed the metal rings from their ring finger in order to do what? Get a girl to talk to them? Hang out with them? Make out with them?

It happens more often than any girl would like to know. Apparently, once you go to Las Vegas you find out that it happens there a lot more than it should, but that is besides the point. A wise girlfriend of mine once told me to look for a tan line on the guy's ring finger, or even a slight indentation that you might see if he only removed the ring less than 5 minutes ago. This entire conversation made us ask the question of what you would do if your husband said "Hunny, I'm going to Vegas with the guys." At first I said that I would make sure that I could go with. If you didn't really feel like going with all of the dudes to Vegas, you could also let him go on one condition. You could let him go only if he got a tattoo of your name on his finger. And what do you do if he says "Well, I don't do tattoos. They are so permanent." Respond by telling him that he should have thought about "permanent" before he entered into marriage and that scars from you kicking his butt are also "permanent." Maybe he will reconsider his Las Vegas trip after all...If not, go to Vegas with your girlfriends and be sure to stay across town in a separate hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment