Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Calendar Issues

Pre-2010 and Pre-iPhone, I carried around a day planner. It was a really cute leather bound book where I jotted down appointments, reminders and birthdays. Since I got the iPhone that has a built in calendar, I decided to use my electronic device rather than jot things down in a heavy day planner. Despite the ease of my favorite cellphone ever, I have been missing my day planner.

I enjoyed seeing a busy week ahead. Now I only see the date with little dots on it if there is something going on. I have to click on each day to know what is planned. I can set a little alarm if I choose to which is nice, however, I rarely remember to remind myself to set the alarm. Today, I received a beautiful "Save the Date" card for my friend's wedding. It had a small sticker on it and it advised you to put the sticker on your calendar as a reminder. Unfortunately, I cannot put a sticker on my phone.

The other thing that has been bothering me about this compact calendar is that it doesn't list out important holidays like Easter and St. Patrick's Day. I forget about these holidays and need to have them previously entered for me. This whole calendar thing might just be the only thing that I don't absolutely love about my iPhone. Otherwise, it is still one of the greatest gadgets ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment