Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Lesson In Boysketball

Last night, a bunch of girlfriends and I went to Madison Square Garden to watch the kickoffs for the Big East Basketball tournament. I was so happy to sit and enjoy a beer at the game after a long day at work that I forgot how big and enjoyable that the beers really were. I always end up craving them so much that I drink them a little too fast...which makes for the most fun right?

Along with Beers and Basketball come Boys :) Some are cute, some are funny, and some are drunk and annoying. We were sitting behind a bunch of the cute boys for the second game and chatting with them. A drunk and annoying boy from behind us decided that he wanted to talk to one of my friends. After he asked her where she was from over 5 times, we decided that it was time for him to leave. He wasn't getting the picture even when my friend was blatantly ignoring him (I wouldn't have left if I were him either, she's pretty cute). The cute guys in front of us had been asking us to go to a bar with them after the game which we had declined since it was getting late and we had to be at work early the next day. After getting frustrated with the situation, I said to one of the cute guys "We will go out with you guys if you can find a way to get this guy out of her hair." Bad idea...

Lesson #1: Don't dare a guy to make another guy leave a pretty girl alone
Lesson #2: Don't ask a drunk guy to leave any sort of situation that he is in.
Lesson #3: Guys will always want to "take it outside" when they can so that they can show how macho they really are
Lesson #4: Don't be the dumb girl and not realize that the guy would really do what you had asked him to and would start a fight even if you were joking when you asked.
Lesson #5: Don't let the cute guy down and not go out with him and his friends after he showed you all how macho he was.

Have I learned from these lessons? Probably not...

No comments:

Post a Comment