Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lucky Leprechauns

St. Patrick's Day always brings out the crazy in the city. Fortunately, after work yesterday, I got to be a part of it. My friends and I headed to Jack Dempsey's in Midtown. As soon as we walked in, we were bombarded with a sea of people in green shirts, holding green beer, yelling green things, and falling over into other green wearing people. That is a whole lot of green. When we ventured upstairs, we met a group of Irishmen that flew to New York to celebrate St. Patty's Day. Why would you fly from Ireland to New York to celebrate an Irish holiday you might ask? Well, I have no idea, but I am happy that they came to NYC since they were buying the drinks!

After doing a celebratory shot of Jameson, yuck, we continued to drink green beer (Bud Light in a green bottle - it's close). Later on in the night I got the cutest text message from my mother warning me to "Be careful because there are Leprechauns out." I cheekily (and a little tipsily) replied "Yes, but they have little pots of gold on them!"

I hope that everyone enjoyed their St. Patty's and I hope that everyone finds their little Pot-O-Gold, even if it is behind a weird little man with red hair dressed in a green suit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment