Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Yesterday was the first official day of Spring, finally! I was so excited to finally be enjoying the first of many gorgeous days ahead. How did I celebrate the sunny skies? Well, by outdoor drinking of course! One of my favorite things to do is to have lunch outside and boy watch in the city with a drink in hand. Everyone was outside enjoying the weather and showing off their favorite new Spring outfits. Before sitting down to a late lunch in the West Village, I walked all over the city. I walked from my apartment downtown all the way to about 20th and then looped back down to 14th on the West Side. There is nothing like just walking around this city on a sunny day.

After the walk and brunch, there wasn't anything else to do except for drink more and then go shopping. You need to make sure to stock up on your new Spring wardrobe items while you are happy and tipsy, it always makes spending the money a lot easier. I helped my gay boyfriend find the best new pieces and helped him to adopt a new color into his closet of black tee shirts - white tee shirts.

All of this Spring talk was also making me want to freshen things up. I was thinking about getting a haircut and a few highlights. Randomly, at one of the bars that we had gone to we were talking to two guys. The conversation of Blondes vs. Brunettes had come up and his answer was quite interesting. He said "I would take a hot brunette over a hot blonde any day." I am not sure if he was saying that because I am obviously a brunette but after he explained himself, it seemed to be quite insightful. He said that blondes are always hot because of their hair. It is something that has been programmed into men's brains to think the word hot right before the word blonde. He said that when he thinks that a brunette is hot, she is really hot, no pre-programmed questioning needed. No matter where you stand on the blondes vs. brunettes battle, I am thoroughly confused. Needless to say, this random bar guy has made me question my hopes of sunny highlights to brighten up my hair for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment