Monday, March 29, 2010

Cooking Is Hazardous

This Saturday, after a day of cleaning and sewing, I decided that I was actually going to cook dinner for once. I had the entire night ahead of me and hadn't made any plans that I would have to rush for. I decided to make cheeseburgers on the George Foreman grill and headed out to grab a few things at the grocery store. On my way to the grocery store, I saw a bunch of police officers blocking off the road. They were standing outside of their cars with their lights going. Thinking nothing of it, I headed into the store.

A few minutes later, after I had picked up lettuce and hamburger buns, I walked out of the store ready to cook dinner. I saw the cop cars again and realized that there were more cars down the street. I turned around to look up the street and noticed a huge construction crane. I just thought that there was some construction work being done and they were blocking off the street. It sure didn't look like they were doing very much but standing there anyway. Just as I rounded the corner from the store, I heard a huge crash. As I turned around to look, I saw people running. Ohhh my goodness, I thought, the crane just fell!

Read the full news story here from The New York Times. This is why it is unsafe to cook! I won't be doing that again for awhile, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment