Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Rain Is Over!

It has been raining in New York City since Friday. Not just a little bit of rain, a down pour of raindrops and gusting winds to make it even worse. I ventured out yesterday in the rain to have a late lunch at Morandi. I got ready for lunch and did my hair. Of course, wouldn't you know it, that my hair looked amazing. I didn't do anything to it that I don't normally do, but it looked damn good. And then I went outside. Thank goodness that the restaurant is only a few steps away from the subway. I felt like I was going to be blown off the street in the 2 short minutes that I was outside. The food was absolutely fantastic and very much worth coming out in the bad weather for.

This morning when I woke up and it was still raining outside. When I looked out of my window I noticed that it was even hailing! Ughh another day of being stuck I thought. Nope, lucky for everyone in this city, by 11 am (daylight savings time - don't forget to turn the clocks ahead) the sun was shining and the rain was finished. I bet that when I do my hair today it won't look as good as it did yesterday when I left the apartment - that's just the way things go when it rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment