Monday, March 15, 2010

Work Out Less

I read an article this weekend about working out and exercising - 2 of my least favorite subjects. However, this was an amazing article about how to work out for a shorter amount of time and get better results. So let me get this straight - I can work out for half of the amount of time and get skinnier than before? Sign me up!

How is this possible you ask? Apparently, you work out harder for half of the amount of time. Start fast and finish fast. While you are on the treadmill, start by jogging, not walking. After 2 minutes, increase the incline. After another 2 minutes, increase your speed. For one minute, really push yourself but after that minute, run again for 2 on the incline. Before, you would have walked for a few minutes, jogged for a few, ran a little, and then walked again. This is working smarter and harder and getting better results by doing it. Anything that I can do to reduce the amount of time that I am in the gym I am so into! Gotta get into that bathing suit...the warmer weather is on its way.

Thank you Glamour Magazine (April Issue)!

No comments:

Post a Comment