Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Health Care" Bills

Last October I reluctantly went to the foot doctor. My foot had been itchy for quite some time and I had given up on over the counter creams and remedies. I have to mention here that I hate going to the doctor. This foot doctor ended up being quite a sham. She made me get X-Rays (for an itchy foot), looked at my foot for under 2 minutes, prescribed a cream and sent me on my way to the pharmacy. When I arrived at the pharmacy, I asked for the cream and was about to hand over my debit card until I heard the total - $160.00! $160 to put on my feet? Yeah, I don't think so. I didn't end up buying the cream but used some cream that my mother gave me and my foot cleared up in a weeks time, not the 6 months that the doctor had predicted.

Here we are over 6 months later and I am receiving bills of $900 for her "foot care." Do you know that she charged me $250 to ruin my pedicure and clip off a piece of my toenail to look at it? That is just rude. Thankfully for me, I have insurance (which she already billed) and I am not responsible to pay all of that bill.

Speaking of bills - the Health Care Reform Bill has been passed this week. Even after trying to read up on it and what it actually means for me, I remain confused as it all sounds a little convoluted and wishy washy. I hope that the bill makes sure to look into the awful doctors that overcharge for a minimal amount of lackluster quality work. I will be sure to stick to home remedies and over the counter medicines from now on. All of these ridiculous medical bills are making me crazy. Maybe that is the point. The foot doctor sends you all of these bills until you finally snap and have to go and see her friend the Psychologist. Doesn't sound like "Health" or "Care" to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment