Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Screw You A$$ Face

I don't know why this happens to me, I am assuming that it happens to everyone, but I often get people who I haven't talked to in awhile texting me months later. One guy in particular just texted me last night and it has been almost an entire year since we last spoke. Let's call him Houston...that is where he is from but he doesn't have an accent, thankfully.

When I was out for a friend's birthday party at the Bowery Electric I was really fuming about the text that he sent to me. It said "Hi there." Plain and simple. I was furious. I am still pissed. Who texts after almost a year and just says "Hi there"? Houston just disappeared after the holiday season last year. I had met him about 6 months before that on a blind date. I had been so surprised how well my first blind date had gone. I had only heard of blind dates being bad things that are horrific and didn't usually work out. Houston seemed nice, we had great conversation, and he was fun. We dated casually for the next few months mostly going to extravagant dinners where he liked to order almost everything on the menu "Just to taste it." After last holiday season, I never heard from him again. I called and texted and received no answer so I stopped, with the exception of a drunk text every once in awhile in January.

Please note that December of 2008 was the last time we talked. Yesterday's date was 11/10/2009. Just shy of a year...was he catching up on old business? Trying not to play games, I decided to text back. Here is how the conversation went...

Yesterday
Houston: "Hi there"
Me: "Hey. How are you?"
- I wrote my text around 6pm and by 10pm when I got to the Bowery Electric he still hadn't written back. Again, I was pissed off.

Today
Me: "Your text was a bit random..."
Houston: "Sorry, travelling. Just landed in Houston. Things good, more of the same. Getting ready for the holidays..."

What the hell!! More of the same what? I haven't talked to him in almost a year, or did that detail slip his mind?

Me: "Well I'm glad that everything is going well. Have a nice time in TX."

What I really wanted to say: "Screw you ass face."

No comments:

Post a Comment