Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Walking To Work

This morning I had to run uptown to drop off my old cable equipment. Since it was nice outside, I decided to walk to work from the cable drop-off place which ended up being quite a long distance. This probably wasn't the best idea that I had all day. First of all, I was in high heels. Secondly, everyone else seemed to be in slow motion.

I was trying to dodge the slow pokes by weaving in and out of the crowds when I was getting overheated. I pulled over to get an iced coffee. After I payed $2.25 for the iced coffee that was advertised as $1.50 I continued my walking and dodging. At first I had liked the idea of a relaxing walk to work, however, I forgot about the wheelie suitcases, the smokers, and the protesters on 5th avenue. I was also trying to dodge the smell of burning breakfast coming out of the tiny restaurants. I always feel like that smell of burned bacon sticks in your hair no matter how far away from it you are.

As I continued on to my destination it seemed like the closer to midtown that I got, the more homeless and crazy people there were. I did however get more guys to whistle the closer that I got to work (yeah, I wasn't exactly flattered since most of them were covered in dirt or were holding a cup asking for change). When I finally reached my destination I smelled like bacon, was sweating, my feet hurt, and my iced coffee hadn't helped one bit. I also now have to take my shoes to the repair shop since I wore off the bottom heels. Who ever thought that walking to work in this city would be enjoyable?

No comments:

Post a Comment