Monday, November 23, 2009

Packing Sucks

Packing is always one of those things that I dread. I was packing to go home tomorrow and I just honestly procrastinate when I have to do it. It isn't the physical act of finding my suitcase and lugging it out. It isn't a problem to lay everything out that I would like to pack, however, when I do that it ends up being most of my things. The biggest problem with packing is deciding what I really want to wear. I usually dress in the morning based on my mood (not always because I usually wear black and I'm not sad or depressed). I like to get up, see what outfit will put a smile on my face and decide that way. I don't usually dress based on practicality. If I want to wear a tank top and it's too cold outside - I just put a cardigan over it. If I want to wear high heels but I have to walk far to the train - I wear them anyway.

When I have to pack however, I am forced to decide what to wear long before I ever have to wear it. I also have to limit the amount of shoes that I place into my suitcase; they are so heavy! I hate when you finally get to your destination, it is the first day of your trip and you open your suitcase to put on that great dress that you packed and, oh shit, you left the perfect peep toe pumps that match the dress at home because you didn't have room. You had to pack the black pumps instead and they match but they just aren't perfect. Does everyone else have this problem with packing or is it just me wanting to have a rolling rack of outfits to follow me wherever I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment