Monday, November 30, 2009

Trimming The Tree

Tonight after a long day of work, my roommate and I put up our Christmas tree. Naturally, my tree is decorated with shiny pink garland and sparkly shoes with feathers on them - yep, totally me.

Setting up the tree was honestly the last thing that I wanted to do tonight. I was tired and just exhausted from actually having to work after having a few days off to relax. I am not as "Holiday Happy" as some of the other members of my family (I know someone who has at least 5 trees set up in her house) however, I do get into the spirit once in awhile. After the tree was finally up and the garland, lights, and decorations were on the fake plastic branches I got a twinkle of that holiday happiness. It lasted all of 2 minutes until I got a sparkle from one of the icicles in my eye.

So much for holiday cheer. I will try again tomorrow. Maybe it will be better when I start writing out my holiday cards, unless I get a paper cut from them. The 25 days of Nonsense (Oops, I mean Christmas) begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment