Sunday, November 8, 2009

Daylight Savings

I had a wonderful weekend in the city with my parents. They came to visit and we had a bunch of great dinners and lunches, went to a museum and even watched the commissioning of the USS New York. Even though it was a memorable weekend, I do have a few complaints. My first complaint about the whole weekend was that it got dark wayyy too early. At 5:00 tonight, it was pitch black outside. It's 8:00 now and I feel like I should have been in bed hours ago.

I understand that Daylight Savings is to have daylight during the earlier hours for farmers and other people who have to get up at the crack of dawn. However, I am sleeping at that point in time. I personally would rather wake up in the dark and have at least one extra hour of daylight at the end of the day than at the beginning. Why do they call it Daylight Savings? Honestly, who are they saving the daylight for?? Vampires? (Everyone seems to have an obsession with them as of late so who knows). I feel like by the time midnight rolls around it is going to be light outside again.

Besides having limited amounts of daylight today, it was also up to 70 degrees outside. I am not complaining about the climate confusion today because I do like the warmth, however, I don't like it to be over 65 and sunny when I am wearing a heavy sweater. What is all of this going on? As I was shopping and walking around the city I am seeing girls running around in shorts and t-shirts while there are winter coats sitting abandoned on the store racks.

That is another thing I have to talk about - those girls in shorts. I understand that it was quite warm today, but that doesn't make it okay to show your booty in barely there short shorts. Even if it were 90 degrees out, it still wouldn't be acceptable unless you lived in Miami. Please note that this is New York. Also, for those ladies who decided to re-wear their Halloween tights and leotards, that isn't okay either. Fishnet and bright red cobweb printed tights are also not acceptable after the holiday, especially when worn with the afore mentioned booty shorts. Just a few words of advice...feel free to take it or leave it (along with the daylight).

No comments:

Post a Comment