Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bad Date-O-Rama

Yesterday, I went on a date with Bar Boy. I haven't seen him in such a long time and he had been bugging me to go out again. I was thinking that I could go as just friends instead of a real date. I already know that I don't like him, so the reason that it was a bad date is more my fault than his. Either way, I had a boring time.

We started out by going to the Guggenheim. The last time that I went to the museum was with him also and I had sworn to never go back because I didn't enjoy it at all. This time was a little different. They had the Kandinsky exhibit and it was beautiful. The colors that he uses are amazing. However, towards the end of the exhibit when you just kind of get sick of looking at paintings with a boring person, you begin to wish someone funny was with you. I was hoping for someone to make me laugh at the moment when I got so bored. If you ever need to know if you really like a guy or not, take him to a museum. If he is a bore after an hour, then you know what to do.

Next, we went to lunch at Pastis. This is one of my favorite restaurants and once again, I didn't really enjoy it because I was so bored and had used up everything I had to say at the exhibit. After lunch, he decides that he wants to go shopping. Normally when I hear the word shopping I want to jump for joy. Instead, I wanted to hop in a cab and run away. Thankfully we only went to one store and then I went home.

I did 3 of my very favorite things, look at art, eat, and shop, and didn't enjoy any of them. Needless to say, I will not be hanging out with Bar Boy again. For all of you girls out there going on a date with a person that you already know that you do not like, in can sometimes be more painful that going on a date with a person you end up not liking during the first date.

1 comment: