Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Literary Genius In A Text

Tonight I went to a free writing class through Gotham Workshops. At first, I was a little disappointed when the teacher turned out looking more like Bill Nye The Science Guy than the dreamy handsome writer that I was imagining. In the end, I was thankful that he wasn't as cute as I had hoped. I learned a lot more and listened more closely rather than worrying about if I was looking funny while I was supposed to be thinking about writing. Yes, I do think like this.

With all of my knew knowledge about writing and how to engage the reader, I will be applying it to my first masterpiece - a text message to a boy whom I am obsessing over. I am not one to admit that I am obsessing over someone, however, he hasn't called me since before the holidays. This might be the main reason that I am thinking about him constantly. I have turned into that girl. You know, THAT girl. Wondering if the text message or voicemail that she just received is from him, wondering when he will call, if he will call. He hasn't called or texted and he is all I can think about. So therefore I will be using all of my newly found writing and literary skills to compose a casual, yet precise text message to him. Wish me luck because I think I have gone insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment