Saturday, January 16, 2010

Orange Shoe Laces

I am currently sitting in Union Square drinking a Grande French Vanilla Cappuccino from Starbucks. I wanted to be inside of the Starbucks on my computer but it is so nice outside here and all of the tables were full there. As I am sitting here, a guy just approached me and asked where the Whole Foods was. I seriously doubt that he was going food shopping, but I looked across the street and pointed out the obvious Whole Foods store to his left. He stood beside me and talked a little bit. He is visiting from Philadelphia and happened to notice my orange shoe laces. Yeah, if you visit from Philadelphia, I am highly doubting that you need to run to the grocery store.

I don't know if it is my cautious nature or my mother in my head, but as he was talking to me, I clutched my purse, had my hand on my computer and held my Starbucks tightly. I didn't want him to run off with my purse or my coffee. He ended up saying that it was nice to meet me and leaving after a few minutes to walk away with his friend. What was the point of coming up to me, asking if I like Philly or New York better, commenting on my shoe laces and then walking away? He didn't seem totally crazy but I thought that he would have asked for my number or something. Obviously I wouldn't have given it to him since he had so many necklaces on, but it would have been a little boost of confidence. He wasn't completely ugly.

The next guy to come up to me and comment on my orange shoe laces was a 60 year old man with a dog. Maybe if I sit here even longer someone really amazing will come along. I'm going to wear these shoes more often. Thank you Michael Kors!

No comments:

Post a Comment