Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Insanity Through Text Messages

Despite being very busy at work with plenty to keep me busy and occupied, I thought about the text message that I resolved to write today. I decided that I had to do it today because I would drive myself insane if I didn't. Here were the ideas that I was thinking about for a quick little message to the boy that I have been obsessing over just because he hasn't called me:

"Hi, How was your trip?" - Simple, yet asks a question which I hope he answers
"Hi. How was your trip? I was thinking about going to see Avatar. If you haven't seen it would you want to see it with me?" - What if he did see it? He could say No. This is too long of a text message.
"Hi. How was your trip? I was thinking about going to see Avatar. Want to see it with me?" - This removes the part about if he has already seen the movie. If he has already seen it, well, he should see it again.
"I was thinking about going to see Avatar. Want to see it with me?" - Is it stupid to ask him to a movie? Shouldn't he be doing this?
"Hi" - Too simple and too dumb.

"You are insane. Stop being crazy." - The text message that I should have written to myself.

After all was said and done and thought over for hours, I sent a simple message that was not on the above list. I sent it after I got out of work. I obviously didn't want him to think that I had been thinking about him when I was busy at work. I wrote:

"Hey! It's been awhile. Hope your holidays were great." - I stole this suggestion from my friend. If you think it is dumb, take it up with her. I personally liked it.

Almost 2 painful hours later he wrote back: "Hey what's up? My holidays were good, but since I have been back work has taken over my life." - Was this him making excuses as to why he hasn't called me? Was this him saying that he could be too busy to see me?

I followed up with a nonchalant "Yeah I hear that. We should hang out sometime soon when you are free." - Again a suggestion from a friend.

Then - nothing. No return text, no follow up, no nothing. Is that his way of saying No, I will never be free? Since when have I cared about this crap? All of this just because a boy didn't call me over the holidays! If he would have just been like every other boy and bothered me until he annoyed me I wouldn't be having this problem. And the waiting begins again...

1 comment: