Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sick And Tired

Today I stayed home sick from work. I hate staying home sick. It is one thing when you play hookie (come on, everyone does it at one point in their life) but it is another when you are really sick and have to stay home in bed. You might wonder why I am writing my blog if I am sick...well, I can't guarantee that this post will make any sense. I am hopped up on Sudafed and full of tea.

When you are sick, there are a few things that I usually want and I miss them immediately. The first would be my mother. Yes, I know, I miss her when I am not sick, but when I am I really miss her. I also miss soup. Unfortunately I didn't have any soup in my apartment and really needed it. I could have ordered some from a takeout place but I chose to sleep instead. Another food item that I miss is ice cream. The freezing cold on a sore throat is priceless. For the future, I will be stocking up on soup and ice cream for emergencies! The other thing that is always a pain when you are sick is missing out on all of the fun things that go on while you are out of commission. I usually have something going on that I have to miss out on whether it is going out with friends or just grabbing a nice dinner out. Lets hope that I am feeling better soon since my mother is coming to visit me this weekend, she is making some soup and we are planning on going to a few great dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment