Saturday, February 13, 2010

Red Red Lipstick

Today, in lieu of Valentine's Day approaching quickly, I decided that I needed to do something to celebrate for myself. Since I don't have a boyfriend to take me to dinner, I took myself shopping. Are you surprised? I needed makeup so I went to Sephora. As I was looking for a simple face powder, I passed by a set of lipsticks that caught my eye. Just as I started to walk away, a sales associate asked me if I needed help finding anything. I said "I have been meaning to try a red lipstick, I think." She replied "Ohh perfect, but you need to be more confident about it than that if you really want to wear a red lipstick." I smiled and asked her to pick one for me.

Two minutes later I am standing, staring at myself in the light bulb framed mirror, however it didn't look like the old me. I looked daring, sexy, and kind of like a bombshell for a slow Saturday afternoon. I asked "So, what do I need to wear this? A lip liner or something?" The saleswoman responded pointedly and said "Balls, honey. You need balls but you look amazing." I said "Sold!"


Happy Valentines Weekend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment