Monday, February 15, 2010

Ruining Their Dudeness

As I headed home late last night on the train, after a lovely Valentine's Day with my girlfriends, I noticed a guy who stared down at his feet the entire time we were waiting for the train. What was he looking at, I thought? Just then, I noticed not what was on the ground, but what was floating in the air above his head. It was a huge heart-shaped shiny balloon that read I Love You in big pink letters. It was pretty late so I assumed that he had gotten it from his Valentine, not that he was going to give it to her. No wonder he was staring at the ground, it was in shame and embarrassment.

Why do we do this to guys? There is no way that he wanted to carry an obnoxious heart balloon all of the way home. This also happens when we dress them up in clothes that they don't want to be seen in, or make them run to the store to buy tampons for us. We are slowly killing what we love the most about them - their masculinity, their dudeness. Stop doing it girls - there are enough gay men out there to do that to, and they enjoy that sort of thing. If you don't stop, you will soon be complaining when he only wants to wear the pink shirts that you bought him and he likes the face cream that you asked him to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment