Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fashion Week Kickoff

This morning I went to the BCBG Fashion Show at Bryant Park. I was so happy to be back in the tents checking out the amazing clothes despite the crappy weather that we have been having. I have to say that I give kudos to the ladies who tried to walk to the tents in super high stilettos. I didn't see anyone fall but I saw quite a few women teeter and totter their way on the ice in 3" plus shoes. I travelled in studded boots for safety.

After a long day at work, I continued the start of Fashion week by attending an event at Saks Fifth Avenue. I got to meet wonderful people including Glenda Bailey, the editor of Harper's Bazaar, the CEO of Calvin Klein, and I even caught a glimpse of Brooke Shields. The only thing that was unfortunate about the event was the early morning news that Alexander McQueen is no longer with us. What unfortunate news and what a loss for the fashion world.

In summary, it is a bittersweet beginning to fashion week here in New York. Yay to the parties, shows, and glamour. Nay to the sadness that was the morning news.

No comments:

Post a Comment