Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Snow Storm

I got my wish. I was complaining earlier in the week that I was so bored at jury duty. As soon as I was finished with jury duty, I was instantly too busy to think, or write my blog. My deepest apologies :) Here is what I have been up to...

On Friday, we had a huge snowstorm. Fortunately, work was cancelled. Unfortunately, I had to head into the office anyway because, as I said above, we were too busy not to come in. Thankfully I got a ton of work done and even ended a little early. A group of people from work decided to celebrate the snow and the end of the week by going to Black Bear Lodge. This bar is the cutest place to go during a snowstorm - there are even snowshoes on the walls just in case you would really get snowed in. After drinking one too many beers to "just warm up" we randomly headed to the Soho Grand. This super fancy place had no idea what to do with us when we showed up in jeans and snow boots. What were we thinking? Well, we weren't! After about a half an hour, we ended up going to the Ainsworth which is another bar with a cabin-like feel. Actually they just have video of fireplaces going but it's pretty close. When I crawled into my bed around 4 am I couldn't have been happier to stop celebrating the snow.

Saturday night, after trying to recover most of the day, I joined a few friends at a small bar on the lower east side. The Boiler Room included Sexy Photo Hunt and Buck Hunter Safari which makes it my kind of place. The only thing that wasn't so great about the place was that it was filled with a bunch of really really drunk people. They were falling all over the floors, knocking over drinks, and being just plain belligerent. They must have had terrible headaches this morning.

This afternoon, despite being overly tired, I met some friends for brunch at The Spotted Pig. The food was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't have had a better breakfast. I ordered scrambled eggs with homemade sausage and biscuits. OMG amazing. Also, the shoestring french fries with rosemary were to die for also. The food was so great that we all got into a debate over whether you would rather eat the most amazing meals for the rest of your life and have no sex or if you would rather eat bread and water and have amazing sex? Which would you choose? I will leave it up to you to figure out what my choice was.

My entire weekend was spent celebrating the snow and enjoying cozy bars. Apparently the only way to get warm and cozy in this city is by drinking in a warm and cozy bar. Even though I had the best time this weekend, I am still dreaming of the summer which includes trying to stay cool in breezy city bars and being at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment